We had 15 in attendance at the meeting and one guest.
- Tim S and Tim R will be manning a booth for the club at the Rot & Run Festival on Saturday. Asked for additional volunteers.
- Rather than participating in Learn to Homebrew day on Nov 1, we’re going to do a “Learn to Homebrew Weekend.” Tim S and Jenna are going to host brew sessions at their homes on Nov 8 and 9 respectively. Details TBA by e-mail.
- In lieu of Nov and Dec meetings, Ken will be hosting a holiday party on Dec 5 at 7:00 PM. It will be a potluck. Invitations will be distributed by e-mail for club participants and a guest.
Tim R provided a brief update on the club planning meetings:
- Progress is being made on defining details that will be required for writing bylaws (membership, officers, various procedures, etc.)
- Planning to continue meeting through the rest of the year
- In advance of the January meeting, bylaws will be drafted and posted for overall club review/comment. The plan is to put the bylaws to a vote in the January meeting.
The main event was a demonstration by Chris Stenger on jumping a beer between kegs and cleaning kegs. We had a good discussion about cleaning practices and a bit of a debate about the StarSan versus Iodophor.