As a benefit of membership, members in good standing may borrow the club jockey box for personal use. A $200 deposit will be required, and will be fully refunded upon return of the jockey box in good, clean condition. If it requires additional cleaning, a $50 cleaning fee will be deducted from the deposit. If it is damaged, the repair cost will be deducted from the deposit. Cleaning supplies will be provided with the jockey box.
Accessories available with the jockey box includes:
- Up to 6 ball lock disconnects
- Up to 6 pin-lock disconnects
- 6 valve gas distributor
Here are the instructions for cleaning the club jockey box:
- Purge beer from the lines with hot water.
- Prepare a solution of BLC or PBW using hot water, and recirculate through the lines per the cleaning agent manufacturer’s instructions.
- Rinse the lines with warm water and inspect them to ensure they are visually clean.
- Using reverse osmosis (RO) or distilled water, prepare a solution of StarSan per instructions provided by the manufacturer.
- Run the StarSan solution through the lines to sanitize. The unit should be stored with StarSan in the lines.
- Ensure the the cooler is drained, cleaned and allowed to fully dry to prevent mildew.
- All beer or previously used solutions are purged from the lines before recirculating.
- That the pump is never allowed to run dry. The solution should always remain above the top of the pump. This is to prevent damage to the pump.
Note: RO/Distilled water is required to prevent build up of a scum that would otherwise occur inside the lines due to interaction of the chemicals in StarSan and ions in the tap water while the jockey box is in storage. This reaction can occur in very short time (just a couple days).